Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Any photoshop 7 or lightroom users?

I am looking for a RAW format image processing and editing tool that has a little more than the standard import and initial processing [i.e., white balance and exposure editing] than what is standard with photoshop 7, in terms of workflow and management. I have been reading up on Adobe photoshop lightroom, but I'm confused about what it is. Is it a plug-in, or a seperate editor that just imports to photoshop? I need some sort of RAW processing and editing above what photoshop 7 already does, but do I need a program like lightroom? Cost is somewhat of an issue for me as I just can't do $700+ to upgrade to CS2 or CS3 from photoshop 7 (which I've had for a while, but not really learned fully). Does photoshop 7 have the kind of RAW functionality I need, built in? Or should I go with lightroom (or some other moderately priced program of the like), if I want to exclusively work with RAW?



I'd appreciate any feedback.



Thanks.



Any photoshop 7 or lightroom users?product key



I don't know if PS 7 supports RAW ... it would be easy enough to check.



You can upgrade to CS 2 or CS 3 by buying the upgrade program ... I think it is under $200.



To get you going without all the publishing features, you may want to consider Adobe Elements 5.0. It has almost all the features that photographers use (except you will not have Bridge) at under $100.

No comments:

Post a Comment